Friday, August 21, 2009

What I Learned From The Wizard of Oz

Dorothy wasn't some dumb, little, farm girl. True, she wasn't a quick learner either, but she did finally get the message in the end--there's no place like home.

Many of us travel far-and-wide, searching for a new adventure. However, some of the most interesting places may lie right in our own backyard.

That's what I'm hoping for and what has sparked this journey.

You see, while I've lived in Arizona for nearly 40 years, I realize that there is still so much to see and do in this great state. So I'm putting together a list of 50 things to see and do in Arizona before I turn 50, which is in August 2012.

With helpful suggestions from family and friends the list has more than 60 entries. Trimming it down is a tough task, but I hope to have it finished soon.

Unlike Dorothy, I can promise that my adventures will be flying monkey-free. You are welcome to tag along or you can follow me on my blog.

Next Post: The List

1 comment:

jenni said...

glad to see your blog is up and running.....looking forward to Bisbee 1000 Stair Climb with you and Janelle.