Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sharpen the Saw

I am a frustrated writer.

True, I write everyday -- corporate communications, press releases and the occasional by-lined industry article, under another person's name. But all this writing lacks one thing -- creativity. And, dare I say it, so have my blog posts.

It's an occupational hazard, I'm afraid, but there is a simple solution -- Sharpen the Saw.

So I enrolled in a six-week, online course in travel writing, which will teach me, among other things, how to translate what I see, hear, touch, smell and feel (intuitively and physically) into more descriptive words. All the better for you to read.

I still have plenty of things to write about as I work through my list. I may even take a few detours, too. So check back again real soon.

No comments: